new building regulations for roofing cpd
Our new RIBA accredited CPD for roof designs provides an understanding of how the Building Regulations affect roofing. The one hour seminar highlights considerations into structural safety (Approved Document A), prevention of moisture (Approved Document C) and thermal efficiency (Part L).
Attendees will also discover how roof design is influenced by British Standards such as recent revisions to BS 5534, which is mandatory from the end of February 2015, identifying changes to fixing, mortar bedding and underlays.
The seminar also illustrates how roofing products can help achieve higher Green Guide ratings to comply with The Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM.
Construction professionals can book their CPD using our online form below.
This Continuous Professional Development seminar lasts for approximately one hour and has been accredited by the RIBA CPD Certification Service as providing a valuable contribution to the Continuous Professional Development of construction professionals.
Summary of contents
- 1. Understanding the Building Regulations and their impact on roofing
- a. Approved Document A – Structural Safety – Deadloads and Windloads
- b. Approved Document C – Resistance to Contaminants and Moisture – Ventilation considerations and products
- c. Part L – Conservation of Fuel and Power – Thermal Considerations including;
- i. Position of Insulation
- ii. Cold Bridges
- iii. Airtightness
- 2. Maximise Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM credits
- a. CfSH
- b. BREEAM Non-Domestic
- c. Green Guide ratings
- d. Typical A+ rated constructions
- i. Fibre Cement Slates
- ii. Clay
- iii. Concrete
- e. Environmental Impact of Roofing Materials (BRE)
- 3. Overview of British Standards and Other Legislation
- a. The Revisions to The British Standard for Slating and Tiling (BS 5534)
- i. Fixings
- ii. Mortar Bedding
- iii. Underlays
- b. Other Standards
- i. ISO 14001
- ii. BES 6001