About Research & Development Centre (Technical Development Centre)
Burton upon Trent
The Technical Development Centre (TDC) provides the research and development for the concrete roof tile manufacturing factories of the Etex Group (of which Marley Eternit is part) in the UK, Germany and Poland.
With a mixture of both new developments and routine testing, our work is exciting and challenging, and includes:
- New product development
- Accessories and fitting design development
- Raw material approval
- Technical support to factory production.
About our team
The team come from a wide range of disciplines, with Production and Manufacturing Engineers, Product Designers, Polymer Specialists, a Paint/Polymer Technologist, Concrete and Paint Technicians and a Product Testing Technician.
Our team members possess a range of qualifications, both academic and vocational, to degree and Masters levels in engineering, design, materials and polymer technologies.
About working here
- Our involvement in factories in Germany and Poland means you have the chance to share knowledge, best practice and work on projects with the much larger manufacturing group.
- There can be opportunities to progress both internally and across the Etex Group; an example of this being the transfer of a team member from the paint company SEA (France) to the department.
- You will need a constant desire to learn new skills and gain more experience and knowledge. The training we support includes an MSc in Polymer Technology, an AutoCAD 2D draughting qualification, Advanced Solid Works 3D modelling course, University Certificate in Concrete Technology, and vocational courses.
Find out more about the rewards and benefits of working for us.
Check out our current vacancies here.