About the Purchasing department
Burton upon Trent
Purchasing is a small team responsible for around £45-£50m of spend on commodities for Marley Eternit alone. Joining us as an experienced Commodity Buyer also means being a lead buyer for the European companies of the Etex Group , with responsibility for a much larger spend too.
The department has a strategic function (rather than being an operational team), so you would have a real opportunity to help us make a difference in:
- Creating competitive advantage
- Improving company margins
- Giving better budgetary control through market research and accurate forecasting
- Reducing financial and supply chain risk.
About our team
- As a department aiming for continuous improvement and developing best value for money, our culture encourages innovation and forward thinking.
- There is plenty of autonomy – as a Commodity Manager, you would have the opportunity to devise and drive through improvement projects and cost saving initiatives.
- You would also negotiate and produce commercial contracts. Every Commodity Manager produces legally binding, sometimes very complex, contracts and supply agreements.
About working here
- The lead buyer responsibility you would take for various categories of spend across Etex Group businesses in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world means you would have exciting opportunities to travel, network and gain international purchasing experience.
- We have a real commitment to training and personal development.
Find out more about the rewards and benefits of working for us.
Check out our current vacancies here.