About the Central Engineering department
Burton upon Trent
No two days are ever the same working in this department, as we identify opportunities for and implement a wide variety of engineering projects across the five Marley Eternit manufacturing sites , from small building assignments up to multi million pound projects. The sites can also call on our multi skilled and versatile service when they need it.
Our manufacturing vision is "Safely exceeding our customers expectations in quality, delivery and product performance through the continuous improvement of our people and process." Projects you might be working on include:
- EHS compliance
- Quality improvement
- Process improvement
- New product development
- Decommissioning and relocation
- Site infrastructure changes.
About our team
Our small team includes mechanical and electrical engineers; all qualified to the equivalent of degree level or higher and members of their discipline’s professional body. We put a real emphasis on sharing best practice across the different Marley Eternit sites and with the European manufacturing sites that are part of the Etex Group.
About working here
- You will have the opportunity to follow a path of continuous self-development through seminars, publications and formal training.
- We encourage each member of the team to develop their business awareness and managerial skills through involvement in recruitment, mentoring and cross-functional work placements.
- There tends to be frequent travel around the five manufacturing sites.
Find out more about the rewards and benefits of working for us.
Check out our current vacancies here.