IT Support (Business Systems Support)
About our Business Systems Support department
Roles based in Bristol and at Wrotham in Kent
In this fast-paced department, we enable colleagues across Marley Eternit to access systems and hardware to help them perform their roles. We also:
- Install, set up and support hardware and software.
- Provide first and second line end user support to all Etex Group companies in the UK and Ireland, dealing with around 9000 calls per year
- Provide virtual team support to Manasco – the Etex Group’s ICT company based in Belgium.
- Keep abreast of new technologies such as mobile devices, cloud-based software solutions and telephony.
About our team
We have a team of eight, all with different skills. We support each other and there is mentoring from senior staff. Skill sets we look for at various levels from beginner to advanced include: Windows operating systems, Citrix, PC networks, helpdesk procedures and support, local and wide area networks, messaging solutions (Exchange/Notes), Windows server infrastructure, back office systems, good verbal and written communication skills, telephony and project management.
About working here
- We offer a structured training plan that will support you to enhance your technical abilities.
- As well as opportunities in the department to develop and progress, there can be vacancies within the multinational Etex Group.
- Your opinion will be respected and you will be encouraged to put forward ideas to improve processes.
- Team members have the chance to take part in cross company projects via our virtual team concept. Alternating team members attend the twice-yearly first line technical meetings in Belgium, which allow like-minded people to share ideas and to be briefed on upcoming developments.
Read more about the rewards and benefits of working for Marley Eternit.
Find out about our current vacancies here