A modern approach to manufacturing
The drive for continuous improvement is something you will notice wherever you work for Marley Eternit. We are actively working toward being a Kaizen operation ie where change is good and where everyone is empowered to embrace change and continuous improvement.
As well as enhancing our own operations, this approach is also designed to add value for our customers and cut down on waste – not just what we throw away but also in areas such as time, effort and money. It also:
- Allows us to develop our knowledge and skills as we share best practice between sites.
- Makes it easier for us all to do our jobs and to focus on other issues such as innovation – which is at the core of our business.
We have a dedicated continuous improvement manager who works with all the sites.
Innovation is exciting
Whether we are creating it or embracing it, innovation is part of our culture and our passion – built on our incredible in-house knowledge as well as our commitment to being the best.
We always look to combine our technical, market and customer expertise to achieve and deliver the best possible performance. We constantly challenge ourselves and go to market with a ‘new generation’ of better products, solutions and services.
Innovation in action
- New products, including
- The UK’s first tongue and groove weather board (Cedral Click), which is easier to install
- A new type of fixing called Solofix that speeds up installation by up to 30%.
- New processes, for example:
- We are the first product manufacturer in the field to be associated with the Carbon Trust: we understand the importance of embodied carbon in terms of sustainability
- We have introduced new ways of dealing with waste production.
- New technologies, for example:
- We want to be as digital as possible and deliver more services digitally, such as providing online specification tools.
Innovation is a commitment across our organisation so, depending on your role, you may well find yourself learning about new techniques or being part of a team finding out about new techniques.