Our Burton upon Trent site – head office and concrete tile facility
A thriving head office
With over 200 members of staff , our Head Office is a place where the Marley Eternit ethos of people pulling together really comes into its own. With a complete range of departments to support the continued success and development of our modern manufacturing business, our Head Office is a thriving, bustling central hub.
We have an incredibly wide range of roles at all levels, from trainees to highly experienced specialists and senior managers. When you read about our departments, you will notice a central theme of people working together, sharing best practice and learning from each other and the wider Etex Group. That is why we are looking for people who, like us, want to grow and develop – to provide the best possible products and/or services by working to the highest standards.
Find out more about all the departments we have at our Head Office.
A manufacturing site for concrete tiles and fittings
At the Burton manufacturing facility, we are responsible for around 40% of the company’s concrete roofing products. There are three main lines and two ancillary lines for manufacturing high quality concrete tiles and fittings, plus hand-made concrete fittings and fixing pack assembly.
We focus on being a safe, lean manufacturer and there is a very positive culture on health and safety, quality and environmental issues. We also want to be the best! With the focus on continuous improvement, one recent initiative has been to send Managers and Team Leaders to other sites to look at 5S initiatives and continuous improvement techniques.
- This is a real team environment – a manufacturing team working together and encompassing a wide range of skill sets including electrical, mechanical and production.
- We are all committed to producing a great product and you will be encouraged to come forward with ideas and suggestions.
- You will receive training that is relevant to your role. For example, if you are a team leader, you’ll receive training in management techniques and attend IOSH training courses.
- Time is also allotted for training with an emphasis on health, safety and environmental issues.
- If you join us for production, you will receive training in more than one job in your area, helping you develop your skills and enjoy more variety in your role as well as enabling you to provide more flexible support.
Read further information about working in our different departments and current vacancies.
See where we are located.